Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

What Happened on Ash Wednesday

Mostly people would think "Ash Wednesday" is something about ashes. It's not only that, it's about the preparation of Jesus’s death and resurrection. Now I am going to tell you about "What happened on Ash Wednesday".

"You sit here Emmanuel" said Mrs Tui as her voice echoed in the church. "OK", I replied sitting down. I shook with nervous as time dragged on like a snail slivering on a slippery surface. Soon the church filled it's self with ton's of people. Now I urgently asked people who surrounded me if they had a paper. As soon as I grabbed a paper, I learnt my lines for the .

Next Robbertanna stood up welcomed everyone and read the introduction and the whole entire congregation sang loudly. After the whole school sang, we carefully listened to Father Iosefa. Then we all sat down.

As the mass carried on song after song, the school (and some other people) stood up to receive “the ashes on the forehead”.
The ashes slippery touched my forehead as it tickled my forehead, like a eel sliding in the sand. (At least it’s holy).

So I started to walk again to the front of the altar to eat the Holy Eucharist. Finally we sang the last song of the mass and walked out of the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment